Friday, August 21, 2009

2 Samuel 22....He enlarged my path under me so my feet did not slip!"

This is a passage God led me to this morning when I was praying for a friend of Malachi's who recently moved to Texas from Cambodia. He has family here and he will be a university student. Life here is SO different and the challenges are also very different.I am excited for him and honored to be among his prayer supporters. The whole chapter is so beautiful, but verses 29-37 jumped out at me! It was for me as much as it was for him.
"For You are my lamp oh Lord , The Lord shall enlighten my darkness . For by You I can run against a troop, In my God I can leap over a wall! As for God, His way is perfect. The Word of the Lord is proven. He is a shield to all who trust in Him For Who is God except the Lord? And Who is a rock except ...our God? God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me in high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation: Your gentleness has made me great.
You enlarged my path under me so my feet did not slip." 2 Samuel 22:29-37

In everything that is before me today, starting a new home school co-op class with two other families, including a broken water heater in the house and broken water pump in the Suburban,one son in Iraq and a second preparing to depart next week, no word on Naomi's latest Hep B test results, the ongoing uncertainty over Daniel's status and lack of communication about him, the even more uncertain status for our Junior and Diamoh's adoptions, God's way is perfect and He makes MY WAY perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! He enlarged the path under my feet so I would NOT SLIP.
The chapter ends with those familar words "The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock, Let God be exalted The Rock of my salvation!!!"