Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fun and games from Rachel's blog!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Layers of an Onion
Peeling back the onion that is my life. I tag Bonkland, Building the Blocks and Smith Soup. Oh, and anyone else who wants to join in! :)

LAYER 1:
Tell us your... (I'm being a little vague on some of this for privacy sake)
* Name: Linda
* Birthday (month, day): Feb 19
* Birthplace: Nyack NY
* Current location: OK
* Eye color: green
* Hair color: red
* Height: 5'4 1/2"
* Righty or lefty: Lefty!!!
* Zodiac sign: Aquarius or Pieces, depending whose charts you read,but I don't care

LAYER 2:
What's...
* Your heritage: German and some English
* The shoes you wore today: Black boots and my awesome purple fleece lined BARN BOOTS!!!!
* Your weakness: weakness????????????????? oh you mean like butter, or new Sean Connery photos for my fridge door??
* Your fears: I do not like high bridges, like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge
* Your perfect pizza: VEGGIES but no mushrooms, go pickeld artichokes and peppers!
* Goals you’d like to achieve: That ALL my children are walking closely with the Lord
* Your first waking thoughts: "Please Lord use me today, but can I sleep a little longer first?"
* Your best physical feature: I like my eyes, Charlie isstill crazy about my legs!
*Your most missed memory: being able to drive to Galveston, Texas for a day trip or weekend and ride the ferry boat forever!!
LAYER 3:
Do you...
* Smoke: Not since 1984
* Cuss: I like "fiddle-DEE- dee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Is that it?
* Sing: ALL the time!!!
* Do you think you’ve been in love: Absolutely
* Did you go to college: yes several of them
* Liked high school: the music classes were the best, and history and running track
* Want to get/stay married: I am quite satisfied that we celebrated 26 years of marriage this September! I am COMMITTED!
* Believe in yourself: Now that I know who God made me to be and how to operate in those parameters, yes I do
* Think you’re attractive: sometimes, not most times, and if Charlie forgets to tell me, I wonder
* Think you’re a health freak: um no
* Get along with your parent(s): Dad is gone, Mom is 81 with a Swiss Cheese memory. We get along as long as long as I stay on the solid parts of the Swiss cheese.
* Like thunderstorms: YES!!! They remind me of "How Great Thou Art" when I "hear the rolling thunder" LOVE IT
* Play an instrument: The piano. Mostly I play AT the piano, but I play

LAYER 4:
In the past month have you…
* Drank alcohol: well right now I am finishing a glass of Chardonay
* Smoked: long long very long time ago, long story
* Done a drug: tried marijuana, OYE who really smokes that stuff ??!!! IT BURNS YOUR LUNGS OUT!!
* Made out: Like...WHEN????????????????? The kids sent us to the kitchen this morning so we'd leave the living room where they were
* Gone on a date: We try to go out at leat once every two weeks. THIS weekend its an over nighter!!
: .
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No.
* Eaten sushi: No.
* Been on stage: Yes, singing.It was fun
* Been dumped: NOT since 1979
* Gone skating: Roller skating last year for somebody's birthday. Ice skating not for a very long time!
* Stolen anything: No

LAYER 5:Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: nope
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: ONCE, a friend gave me stuff I was not used to. I fell asleep in a coat closet at a party. NEVER AGIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Been caught “doing something”: only making out, by our kids
* Been called a tease: No
* Gotten beaten up: once and he was arrested
* Shoplifted: In my PRE-Christ life, ashamedly yes


LAYER 6:
* Age you did get/hope to be married: NOT at 18 , but it happened anyhow. 27, YES!!! and still going strong!!!!!
* Numbers and names of children: Joshua 34, Kari 33, Caleb 25 , Gideon 23 Hannah 21 Malachi 20, Esther 18, Jael 14 , Isaac 12 Leah 12 , Noah 11 Isaiah 10 Rachel 9 Naomi 7 waiting on our 6 and 9 year olds to come home from LIBERIA: Levi and Keren Jubilee
* Describe your dream mate: My husband, only musicial
How do you want to die: In my sleep.
* What did you want to be when you grow up: A Nurse and Midwife, (did that) a mom of many (doing that) and a skydiver (did that too)
* What country would you most like to visit: Italy again, Anywhere in Africa, Australia
LAYER 7: Now tell...
* Name a person you could trust with your life: My husband
* Name a favorite CD that you own: Got to be Helen Baylor or Aaron Schust, or the "Stylistics"
* Number of piercings: 2 in each ear - contemplating a third piercing in one ear
* Number of tattoos: none . Charlie hates them... however, in my mind there's a ladybug on a yellow rose inked onto my ankle
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: at least 5
* Name a past experience that you regret: except for the birth of my son Joshua, the whole experience which involved my ex husband
WOW...........is any of that a surprise?????

1 comment:

Room For More said...

I nominated you for a blog award...check out my blog! : )