Saturday, September 13, 2008

the wallet story

For the past several days Charlie's wallet has been missing.Well Charlie NOTICED that it was missing several days ago. He really had no idea for how LONG it had been missing. Could be for as long as 2 weeks. He doesn't use his check book all that often. Not "Where did I leave my wallet? " spaced out-missing , but "I ALWAYS keep my wallet in this certain place and its GONE" --kind of missing. We tore the house apart, scoured the barn, Charlie tore his truck apart numerous times in search of his rather large checkbook wallet, which had not only his check book but several hundreds of dollars as well. We could cancel the checks ,not a big deal, but his cash , well that is another story. We prayed , we asked friends to pray. NO WALLET. The bank reassured me that there had been no checks written on the account: good sign , but three days and no sign of the wallet. I took the truck shopping today and in the Walmart parking lot the Lord so very strongly impressed upon me to look one more time for Charlie's wallet. I pulled the seats down and forward, looked in the wheel wells, the spare tire compartment, under the floor mats, ran my hand in every possible crevice and cranny. NO wallet. "I decided" to start at the very beginning, where the wallet usually sits: in the center console. I opened the console, pushed a few things around and looked around in a circular fashion at the whole compartment. THERE IN A MAP COMPARTMENT ON THE INSIDE OF THE CONSOLE DOOR, almost camouflaged because it and the console door are matte black, WAS THE WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened it quickly to be sure that the contents were still there, and yes they were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After breaking into tears of absolute joy and relief and prayers of thanksgiving, composing myself enough to be understood by a human, I called Charlie to tell him the news. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'" he responded. "Now I remember. I saw that map slot one afternoon and tried it out for my wallet and it fit. I completely forgot that slot was there!. Oh thank YOU FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Much rejoicing in the camp at the "found" wallet to be sure! I knew Charlie was beating himself up like crazy for loosing or allowing his wallet to be stolen, and I was really praying that he's sense that we were not beating him up, but praying that the wallet be found safe and sound. God was faithful!

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

Thank you God for not letting it be stolen or lost for any longer! Thank you all of the money was there!!!