Monday, June 22, 2009

God's Chisel

http://connect.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=849dc7c803281df74bb2&utm_source=newsletter0618&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weeklytopvideos


I am not usually a "skit" kind of person. This skit is SO real I wanted to share it with you. I was on Facebook,initially to respond to a "friend request" and saw and listened to a video someone else had shared. The abject, hopeless, tragic and angry piece of lost self-expression brought me to anguished tears for the sender and for the talented people who produced the thing, and to my knees in prayer. I NEEDED God's Word around me, and in front of me as well as in my memory as I watched that sin-surrounded few minutes. With Jeremiah 29:11-14 in front of me, I watched. I needed to watch that video because the sender/sharer is obviously identifying with what was shared. PRAISE GOD that as I was praying and reading, and afterward when I was hitting emails for prayer time, THIS skit was there. It I felt was directly from the Lord in answer to every word and thought and action expressed in that other video. It is my prayer that as I share, God will make His Word manifest wherever He ses the need. PRAISE GOD that where sin abounded, GRACE did much more abound (Romans 5:20)Lord please pour out Your grace upon Your needy people and draw them to Yourself. USE US LORD to be Your hands and feet, keep us from recoilng in horror, disgust, self-righteousness, pride from the neediest of Your chidlren. Its "easy" to love a needy special needs orphan, but God not so much so the grown-up people we seee every day whome we think "ought to know better" Forgive me Lord for my apathy and stir up in me a broader passsion and compassion.

No comments: