Friday, May 29, 2009

A new look at the 23rd Psalm

From TEACHINGmomministries.com , by way of a friend: this is a really encouraging way to read a very familiar and beloved passage of Scripture


A New Look at Psalm 23



The Lord is my Shepherd - That’s Relationship!

I shall not want - That’s Supply!

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures - That’s Rest!

He leadeth me beside the still waters - That’s Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul - That’s Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness - That’s Guidance!
For His name sake - That’s Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - That’s Tribulations!
I will fear no evil - That’s Protection!
For Thou art with me - That’s Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me - That’s Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies - That’s Hope!
Thou anointest my head with oil - That’s Consecration!
My cup runneth over - That’s Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life -That’s Blessing!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord - That’s Security!
Forever - That’s Eternity!

No comments: