Friday, May 29, 2009

my new rice cooker



I have graduated to the "Big League"...a rice cooker bigger than what one may purchase at Walmart or Target. I found the rice cooker I really liked at Cao Nguyen, my favorite Vietnamese market in Oklahoma City, but the price was just plain scary. Enter GOOGLE ...............ahhhhhhhh, price options for the "Dream machine" ranged from the scary $220 (plus almost 10 % sales tax) down to $156.00, plus shipping. NOT good enough. I kept searching and found my 30 cup rice cooker for $117.00!!!!!!!!!!! We make rice every day, and I don't see that changing any time soon, but the rice consumers are getting bigger and hungrier!When we have company and I serve rice, I have to use the rice cooker which just died of over use and a microwave pot that simply does not make nice rice. When the Sunpentown "Mr Rice" pot arrives we should not run out of rice at any single meal!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

30 cups...WOW!!! Congrats on a great find! I love rice and could eat it every day, too.

Laurel said...

Way cool! Our rice cooker is only 20 cups.

Funny story ... when we were in Ghana to bring home our 3 new children last year, we were making rice on the stove, when I mentioned that we have a rice cooker at home. One of our girls look at me quizzically, and said, "She comes to our house just to cook rice?" Yes, she thought we hired a "Rice Cooker". Now, that would be pretty cool, too.


mama of 13