Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Redeemer Lives

This is out of sequence with the events of our trip but so powerful I want start with it.

We got to see the Atlantic Ocean at a distance as we drove every day to the children's home, and got to spend some good time on the beach twice. Each time, and especially the second time, the words to Nicole C. Mullins' song "My Redeemer Lives" flooded my mind and brought worshipful tears to my eyes: particularly just one line........."Who told the ocean "you can only come THIS FAR?"
When I saw the powerful ocean waves breaking on the beach, when I felt the unbelievable strength of the undertow, watched as the waves came, one after another, never identical in strength or reach, as I watched some come crashing up and over tall rock formations and return quickly to their deep home, all I could add to that experience was to sing those words, and know that MY REDEEMER LIVES to be Sovereign over all His earth. Yes storms may bring a disorder to the incredible process of tide ebbing and flowing and cause temporary disturbances to the land beyond the beaches, but in its perfect design, those waves DO "only come THIS FAR" minute after minute ,year after year, millenium after millenium, to the glory of their Creator, MY REDEEMER.
Stop for just a moment and think about, take some time to worship our awesome God, maker of heaven and earth, Who knows each of us from our mother's wombs and has a unique plan for each of our lives, which is even more powerful than the mighty waves in all thier strength and magesty.The God Who ordered the whole of creation into existence and sustains it, loves US and gave His only Son for us, individually and personally. I doubt that the Psalmist ever saw those waves, but his thoughts over what he had seen caused him to ask "OH Lord what is man that You are mindful of him?"
It all served to remind me in a new and different way how much I am in awe of my Heavenly Father, and how I desire to serve Him with all my heart and soul and my mind and my being

No comments: