Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the children of God" I John 3:1

"Beloved let us love one another for love is of God and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him....Behold if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." I John 4:7-10

Valentine's Day is fun; my daughters were thrilled to wake up and find a rose surrounded by Asiatic lilies on each of their pillows, we love to make cookies and give cutsie little cards to all our friends , its all fun. Heart shaped pizza, pancakes, the gorgeous bouquet of roses Charlie gave me: symbols of our love for each other.
HOW THANKFUL I AM that GOD created us to love, to show it, receive it, live it, and then HE gave us a way to do what He created us to do....
I'd encourage you all,dear readers, to read the (little) book of First John. Its my Valentine's Day gift to share with you!

No comments: