Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grandbabies, children and caterpillars

We are rejoicing with daughter Hannah and son-in-law Jon that they are expecting a baby !!!!!!!!!!! We are praying that all goes well this time; the miscarriage last fall was so very hard on Hannah, even as a nurse midwife I didn't see many ladies suffer from deep post partum depression after a first tri-mester miscarraige ,but Hannah who is NEVER given to being down over anything ,needed meds to get through that. It messed up her college semester, etc etc. PRAISE GOD she is doing well, a bit surprised that she IS pregnant, but thrilled. She goes for an ultrasound tomorrow and that too is exciting. Two checks of hormone levels indicate that all is well!!!! Praying for Grandbaby #9 who will be Charlie David or Zoe Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then there is Liberia. Junior and Diamoh wait for us there to become Mommy and Daddy. Yesterday the President of Liberia halted all adoptions.She also ordered the US Embassy to issue no more visas until the Congress writes and passes new adopion law to protect the chldren of Liberia from the corruption and dishonesty which plague many programs in Liberia. It is our prayer that this not move in typical Liberia time table fashion, and that it be implemented SERIOUSLY when it is passed!!!
And caterpillars.That's Liberia too........................caterpillars have descended upon the rubber plantations and the fields across Liberia and threaten crops, economy and more families' futures. I'm praying that God move upon the hearts of those in Liberia who have acted unethically and contributed to this halting of adoptions, that He protect the struggling people of Liberia whose lives depend upon the crops which are endangered right now by these nasty worms and that TO HIS GLORY, He stop this plague rising up in Liberia.
It is troubling to know that our children may be futher delayed by the corruption and halted adoptions AND that they may have even less to eat because of this caterpillar plague, should it be wide spread and vicious.
Yesterday God gave me a verse in Proverbs: Chapter 4, verse 32. The devotion which focused upon it kind of fell off like the outer layers of an onion being peeled away, and the verse stood alone for me to ponder.
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
I started a blg entry about the verse but my day took some different twists and I didn't blog at all. Here is as far as I got:
When I read this verse this morning in one of my devotional readings, the story around it was "ok", meaningful, good, but the verse stood out so strongly, if that is a proper word, on its own, the devotional message around the verse just kind of melted off and left me with the meat of the matter....ABOVE ALL.........guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" In what we read, or study, talk about, I'm thinking politics and economics,the future, all those things which affect our lives; we need to 'guard our hearts'. "
When I was interrupted in my writing to do other things, we got the word about Liberia. ALL DAY LONG I surrounded my self with Scriptures but this one was focal to the others. It kept my thoughts from fear, anger, getting ahead of God's timing and HIS PLAN and kept me on God's track of trusting HIM for every single facet of my life, my family life, my prayer life and my outreach life. It brought me back to a phrase of a song I sing often..."My heart will choose to say; LORD BLESSED BE YOUR NAME!"
If you 'll pray with us for Hannah and Baby , pray for the stabilizing of Liberia and the deliverance from the caterpillar plague, know that I too, am praying with you for what you've shared with me!!

3 comments:

SimplyTamiK said...

You know I am praying for all of these. (Well, I didn't know about the bugs, so adding that one)
Love- Tami

Unknown said...

Praying with you too! Very excited about grandbaby #9!

Love you - Jill

Amy said...

Praising with you over this new grandbaby..you know I have a special spot in my heart for the name Zoe!:) Also praying in regards to Liberia and your precious children there.