Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Triplet update

A quick check on Satsuma and the triplets : all is well, all is very well. Babies are all up walking around , Sasuma was  up chewing some hay when I peeped in, and seems to be doing just fine. After  that long labor, I didn't know if she'd be wiped out today or not. Her eyes are sparkling. I am so thankful  for the weather . I have to say that because even thee days ago the night temperatures were well below freezing. The risk to wet, new born goats who were living inside a 104 degree mama getting hypothermic is great. I lost a small , healthy, meat goat to the cold in January. It's not "Warm"  outside, but no where near freezing either. Satsuma kept the babies close, no one got extra frisky and climbed out. The Farm Mistress is a bit tired today, but  I slept in "heavenly peace" for the few hours I had.washed off with HOT WATER and slept in a room with 64 degree temps around me (bedroom temp had dropped to lo-mid 50s when the propane ran out. ) Sometimes we are just more aware of the things for which we are thankful.  Thank YOU Lord Jesus  for.......................................................................

1 comment:

love2bmom said...

Whitney Grace is requesting another picture of the babies that is more 'close up' please..... :)