Thursday, January 14, 2010

This week my life is not about me

I am praying fervently for the Father in Law of a dear friend. He is battling cancer and incredible pain. He is also fighting his need for a Savior, a far more serious fight. He has lived a good life, has a great marriage, super and gracious wife, made a great living, has a terrific son and grandchildren..........but his name is not written in the Lamb's Book of Life. Not yet. In his incredible pain and grogginess the other day, he did consent to his son laying hands on him and praying for him. THAT was huge and I pray it began a journey in his spirit that he thought he didn't need to take: a journey leading to his redemption, salvation and the promise of a life everafter which so surpasses anything he accomplished on his own while on earth. I am praying for his wife as well...a lovely gracious lady who also needs to meet Jesus.
Also heavy on my heart is a family of 9 siblings in the Phillipines...younger 7 and for them as well. NINE sibling children with no parents ...and I am praying that God stirs the hearts of the people who could , would, and should BE Mommy and Daddy to these beautiful children.

I began to follow this blog just few days ago. WHAT A TESTIMONY of faith...........
What a tragic early earthly ending of a marriage; we will be praying for Michael in his time of grief, and praising God for his true composition...please see that he asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made for the people in Haiti
.
INCONSOLABLE




Brenda D. Pink
August 18, 1947 – January 13, 2010

Today at 3:40 PM, the light of my life went out.
I am, at the moment… inconsolable.
She fought to the end, as did I.
We could do no more.

There is deep sorrow, but no regrets.
There are questions in my heart, but no accusations on my lips.
God is faithful and true… He is just and kind.
He loves like a hurricane… I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.


A Celebration Service will be held at
Church at the Barn on Saturday, Jan 16 at 1:00PM

Directions to The Barn: Take I-75 to Sarasota, Exit 210, turn East onto SR 780 (Fruitville Rd.) Go approximately 15 miles until Fruitville deadends. Turn Right onto Myakka Road. Veer Left around "S" curve. After you pass a church/cemetery, turn Left on first dirt road, Rawls Road. On Rawls Road, go over first cattle gap. Turn Left at next dirt road. Look for moss green barn in the back pasture. For more information, call 941-322-2027.

In leiu of sending flowers, donations can be made in
Brenda's memory to Hand to the Plow Ministries
(16221 Rawls Road Sarasota, FL 34240-9147) toward
the Haiti Earthquake Restoration Fund.

Abba Father, please minister to the needs of each of these precious people, people for whom You sent Your Son to suffer and die, some who have received Your Spirit of adoption and they too are crying out ABBA FATHER but some who have not, and who need You so desperately on so many levels. Move on Your Church, Your body here on earth, to be Your hands and feet, Your ears, Your Words, Your voice. Use ME to be faithful in prayer, please keep me from a spirit of laziness, but keep me "instant in season" so I am ready for You to use. Please use this blog to touch other hearts to pray, to act, to seek You for all the areas of their lives where You would desire to be.

No comments: