Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kidney transplant prayers

Some of you also read my friend Anita's blog. She and I have been friends for about 8 years, Charlie and I :friends with them for more than 7 years. We are not uber close friends, but good friends, and all the time I've known Anita, we have prayed for her husband Eric who is diabetic and for the past about two years has been on dialysis, and more recently, on the Kidney transplant list. There were several strong possibilities of a donor kidney , but they didn't work out for a variety of reasons. Today Eric was matched with a kidney! I am so very sad for the family whose relative is the donor.............we all know what that means, but if all was well with that kidney this afternoon when they removed it, Eric will be in surgery tonight receiving a very real new lease on his not -even-40 year old life.
I am so thrilled for him, excited for them as a family and before the throne of God for them as their friend and sister in the Lord. I have no idea when I'll hear more update-news, but for now I am excited as can be that Eric may be able to be WELL. Yes, still diabetic, but NOT kidney-transplant- list sick , almost all the time.
Please take a moment from your reading and blog hopping to thank the Lord for this opportunity for Eric?

No comments: