Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day.WOW!!!!!! WOWZA!

OK I am seldom surprised by anything. IF I am getting a gift I can usually figure out what it is without much "real" thinking. NOT THIS YEAR. Charlie gave me the most beautiful pair of Ariat dress boots! They are incredible! The leather is dark brown, but there is a turquoise sort of "wash" over parts of the shaft of the boot ,and the stitching is turquiose. The tooled leather work is amazing and I was totally surprised by this gift!! Hannah, who I surmise took Charlie shopping at the BEST western store in town: "THE TERRITORY," also bought me a great belt and t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The belt is so awesome that I had to go look for just the right shirt to pair it with tomorrow for church! Topaz and silver worked into the tooled leather with hearts and crosses..OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hannah and the other girls made me the cutest bird bath for my garden too...flower pots and drainage tray glued together and painted with all the kids' hand prints all over it...SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so blessed at the thoughtfulness and creativity of my family! I sent my MIL a bouquet of star gazer lilies because I have never sent her lilies before and I hope she likes them. They were the predominant flower at Hannah's wedding last year and certainly are lovely!! I got my mom a turquiose floral shirt with hibiscus all over it and a turquise necklace with a mother of pearl hibiscus flower on it from us and a red rose bush for her room, from the kids. Hope I chose well for both of them. One of the things I gave Hannah was a gag gift: squeeze cheese and crackers: her favorite junk food. She loves Gerbera daisies and I got her a pot of pink ones for her garden,but I got a whole lot of blue flowers which I am planting in a long planter with a card stuck in it like you'd stick in a garden to identify a veggie...but its a Baby card about a boy. Fun stuff. I gave her some money for her camo-baby decor for Baby Charlie's room too.
They came and had supper with us tonight: tomorrow is Jon's family's turn to get them !! Tomorrow is our turn for my mom to be with us and dinner is her favorite pork chops and apple sauce. I prepared everything tonight so tomorrow IS still my day of rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We butchered a goat today so I have been helping Charlie a bit, the boys have helped A LOT in all that comes after one butchers a goat. It is a lot of on-your -feet HARD WORK to slice and sort and wrap and mark and freeze for later. Noah just looked at the clock, saw that it was Sunday and was the first to wish me Happy Mother's Day officially!!
Maybe it will be sunny for the BBQ after church!!! Maybe it will be a little less muddy before the next May rians come ! I am thankful for the rain, and very happy for how gently it has fallen so far!
HAPPY MOTHER's DAY Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLEANED up after a good night's sleep...hope all the awful typos are gone now!!
Esther brought me a yellow rose bush today,my favorite flower, and my mom did like her gifts. Hannah and Jon are both sick sick sick with the bug I had two weeks ago...an intestinal challnge of the most unpleasant kind, so they are both home trying to sleep off the crud...so much for a special day at their house...........
It has been a very special Mother's Day, made even mroe special by getting a call from Caleb in Iraq, sandwiched in between calls from Joshua and Kari!!!!!
I AM SO BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I love you!

Have a blessed day!!!!
Jill