Sunday, February 8, 2009

Car wash report and health updates

The day could not have been more perfect!!! There was some gusty wind for a while but it was warm and brightly sunny, mid 70s, and simply NOT what one would expect of a February day in this part of the country 4 days after it was 14 degrees!
God was so good to us!! This was not the day of "super generous givers" but a day for us to REALLY bless and minister to the people we served and who gave back to us. I do not think I have ever seen such dirty vehicles at a fund raiser car wash EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really WORKED this car wash, I mean REALLY WORKED!!!!!BUT, we got to share how God called us into the wonderful ministry of adoption, talk about His love and faithfulness to us as a family, His plans for us and life around us. We got busier at the end of the shift we'd established so we worked from 11 till 4 but we met some great people!
The guy who operates the gas station we do our car washes shared with me that he was raised in foster care and came from a very messed up multi-racial family. He was thrilled to hear what our family was doing. It was my blessing to get to share how God's love for us led us to show His love to children outside of and beyond those I'd home grown. At the end of one of our several conversations, he said "OH I just have to give you a hug, I think you are so wonderful!"
Several Black people came by and they were especially excited at what we were doing the car wash for.
At the end of the day, in large part due to two particularly large donations, but a lot of smaller ones too, we made
$460!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This amount is being set aside for our visas into Liberia. It is more than we need for visas, but I don't remember exactly how much we need!
We are praising God for His goodness, that is for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday morining update:
Isaac is still quite sick, and Noah has followed in his footsteps, as has Naomi, Leah, Jael and Malachi. Leah, the least sick of the sickies and I did the farm chores by oursleves last night and this morning. My sweet sickies all wanted grits and eggs for breakfast, with soy bean sauce of course, east request to fill.
I continue to trust God for healing of my children as I pray for sweet Abby Riggs who is far sicker than all of us combined . Standing firm in the knowldege that God is faithful and He IS good, all the time!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: