Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Who delights over who with singing?

We will delight ourselves in the Lord (Ps. 37:4) 
to the degree we know he greatly delights in us (Zeph. 3:14-17).
I have been so blessed, encouraged and challenged by the teachings of pastor Scotty Smith of Christ Community Church in Franklin, Tennessee  He shared these two verses together in a little post his morning. I want to delight myself  today, and every day, to the degree to which I know HE delights in me. and He rejoices over me with gladness, quiets me with His love and rejoices over me with singing!! (New American Standard says " with "shouts of joy"... I like that too!)  
 Let's SING   SHOUT  BE GLAD and REJOICE  as we delight ourselves in our God Who is delighting over us!!!!

Sing, O daughter of Zion!

Shout, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
15 The LORD has taken away your judgments,
He has cast out your enemy.
The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
You shall see[a] disaster no more.
16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
“ Do not fear;
Zion, let not your hands be weak.
17 The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

2 comments:

Kat said...

Beautiful!

LisaShaw said...

Amen and Amen!

Thanks for sharing!